Friday, August 3, 2012

Double Chocolate & Orange Chiffon


Me:  Hey, baby, you wanna a cake?  I feel like baking
LG:  Ok
Me:  What cake do you want?
LG:  Chocolate chiffon!
Me:  Again, we just had it not long ago  * showed her the last chocolate chip chiffon posting *
LG:  I still want chocolate chiffon!

Ok, she won, but I don't wanna repeat the same old chocolate chiffon, then I remembered hubby told me orange flavor goes well with chocolate, why don't I give it a try?

Ingredients

120ml juice from 1 orange + milk
1 tsp orange zest
50g butter
30g white sugar

80g flour
20g cocoa powder
5 egg yolks

5 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
60g brown sugar

80g chocolate chips


I used tang mien method for this chiffon, thus it was so spongy & moist.  Really, orange flavor really blend well with chocolate, even little girl who dislike orange flavor (from artificial flavoring) adored this chiffon cake :)

No comments: